Featured image by Candiix, via Creative Commons
Check out five brand-new mini musicals running 15 minutes each at Portland’s Mini Music Festival Thursday, January 18, through Sunday, January 21, at the Brunish Theatre. The musicals, directed by Diane Englert and Kelly Wetherald with music direction by Darcy White, feature work by these talented local writers and composers:
- Chanda Hall
- Lisamarie Harrison
- Mont Chris Hubbard
- Aubrey Jessen
- Mark LaPierre
- Reece Marshburn
- Kurt Misar
- Marianna Thielen
- Matthew Zrebski
Here’s the musical lineup.
- The Most Dramatic Episode Ever—A satirical take on reality TV, where two women compete for the attention of a bachelor and face their worst fears.
- Red in the Cloud—They say they saw someone fall from a building, but there’s only blood on the ground below. What really happened? Will this case be solved?
- Power Outage – A Heavy Metal Comedy—It’s the battle of all time. The strongest wizard fights the strongest space warlord to decide once and for all what’s stronger—science or magic.
- Work Friends—Is it possible to become real friends with a co-worker? In other words, not just someone you pal around with at work…
- Last Winter—It’s a perfect storm on a cold winter’s night: a visit home, a dive bar, and an inevitable reunion.
Tickets, all general admission seating, cost $20 and $28.50 (buy online). All tickets will be available for pick up at the Will Call window one hour before curtain. Doors open 30 minutes before curtain.
All performances will be held in Antoinette Hatfield Hall at the Brunish Theatre, 1111 SW Broadway, in Portland, Oregon. On-street and garage parking are nearby, and several buses and MAX (light rail) lines stop nearby (get directions, parking, and public transit stop details). Use Tri-Met’s Trip Planner to plan your bus or light rail trip.
For more information about Portland’s Mini Musical Festival, visit the Brunish Theatre’s website.
Portland’s Mini Musical Festival is part of the Fertile Ground Festival, which runs through January 28.