Featured image: The Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge at The Sagamore in Bolton Landing, New York (photo credit: The Sagamore)
When winter arrives in the Adirondaks in upstate New York, ice bars start popping up in Saratoga Springs and Lake George. Some are open for a day or few; others stay for the winter. Some came and went already this winter, but there are still many others to check out.
Carved bars with stools, tables with additional seating, ice sculptures, and sometimes ice glasses are among the features of these winter watering holes. And there are fantastic views, like the one of Lake George from The Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge at the Sagamore in Bolton Landing.
These ice bars are open in January and February.
Saratoga Springs Area
- The Adelphi Hotel, 365 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, (518) 587-4688—Every Thursday-Saturday, January 25-February 24
- Bailey’s Saratoga Ice Bar, 37 Phila Street, Saratoga Springs, (518) 450-1305—Friday-Saturday, February 9-10
- Bellini’s 4th Annual Ice Bar, Bellini’s Italian Eatery, 624 New Loudon Street, Latham, (518) 608-1145—Wednesday-Thursday, January 31-February
- Ice Bar at The Mill on Round Lake, 2121 Route 9, Round Lake, (518) 899-5253—Saturdays and Sundays throughout February
- Prime Polar Ice Bar & Lounge, Prime at Saratoga National, 458 Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, (518) 583-4653—Friday-Saturday, February 23-24
- The Ice Castle at King Neptune’s Pub & Nightclub, 1 Kurosaka Lane, Lake George, (518) 668-2017—Opened Friday, January 19. During January, hours are 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and Sunday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday, and 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Saturday. February hours are daily, 11 a.m.-close.
- The Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge at The Sagamore, 110 Sagamore, Bolton Landing, (866) 384-1944—Friday-Sunday, January 19-21 and January 26-28
- Funky Ice Festival at Adirondack Pub & Brewery, 33 Canada Street, Lake George, (518) 668-0002—Friday-Saturday, January 19-20 and January 26-27
- Forest Ice Bar at the Holiday Inn Resort, 2223 Canada Street, Lake George, (518) 668-5781—Friday-Saturday, February 2-3 and 9-10
- Ice Bar Party, View Arts Center, 3273 State Route 28, Old Forge, (315) 601-9728—Saturday, February 3
- Fort William Henry Ice Bar, Fort William Henry, 48 Canada Street, Lake George, (518) 668-3081—Saturday-Sunday, February 9-10
Dress warm and have fun!