Featured image by Jon Sullivan, via Creative Commons
More than 80 of Saratoga County’s best restaurants and caterers will open their doors and serve chowder to guests during the 20th annual Chowderfest in Saratoga Springs, New York, Saturday, February 3, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Three-ounce servings of chowder for sampling are $1 each.
Vote for your favorite chowder in seven award categories by picking up a ballot at participating locations. Then drop off your completed ballot at the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center, 297 Broadway, or Saratoga Springs City Center, 522 Broadway. The winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center at 6:30 p.m.
Although the festival focuses on chowder, there are many more things to do for the entire family.
- Saratoga Baseball will have a bake sale at Peabody’s Sports Bar & Grille, 39-41 Phila Street.
- Grab a free cup of hot chocolate at Yard Bar Rentals on Henry Street, and play a game or two of corn hole and Giant Jenga.
- Play more games courtesy of Lia Auto Group, which will be stationed across from Hamlet & Ghost at 24 Caroline Street.
- Enjoy live music and other entertainment at six locations.
- Several local radio stations will broadcast live from Chowderfest, and Capital Disc Jockeys will spin Billboard hits at the City Center.
- Grab a drink at the ice bar on the patio at Sperry’s Restaurant, 30-1/2 Caroline Street.
- Stop at the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce’s Visitor Van at Ellsworth Jones Place.
- Balloon Gal Jenny will twist balloons and JoJo’s Fabulous Faces will paint faces at the City Center.
For more information about Chowderfest, parking, and places to stay, visit Discover Saratoga’s Chowderfest page.