Featured image credit: Methow Trails
Snowshoeing is my winter hiking. It’s a nice way to get outside and enjoy the scenery. Walking is among the best ways to keep healthy, so for a low-impact workout, snowshoeing is ideal.
On Saturdays through February 24, Methow Trails, the US Forest Service, and Atlas Snowshoes sponsor Nature of Winter Tours in Winthrop, Washington. These snowshoeing tours start at 11 a.m. and last 1.5 to two hours, depending on the conditions. Reservations are not required.
Tours are free, but a Methow Trails snowshoe trail pass is required. Passes are $5 per person and available at these locations:
- Methow Valley Ski School & Rentals, 427 Goat Creek Road, Mazama, (509) 996-3744 (winter number)
- Methow Cycle and Sport, 29 State Route 20, Winthrop, (509) 996-3645
- Winthrop Mountain Sports, 257 Riverside Avenue, Winthrop, (509) 996-2886
- Cascades Outdoor Store, 222 Riverside Avenue, Winthrop, (509) 996-3480
- Sun Mountain Lodge, 604 Patterson Lake Road, Winthrop, (800) 572-0493
- Goat’s Beard Mountain Supplies,50 Lost River Road, Mazama, (509) 996-2515
If you don’t have snowshoes, you can rent a pair at the locations above.
For more information, contact Methow Trails at (509) 996-3287 or email@example.com.