Enjoy live storytelling throughout Portland and several cities in Washington County during the Art of the Story Festival on April 27 through May 4. The festival is sponsored by the Washington County Cooperative Library Services and features 14 unique storytelling performances at Oregon libraries and art centers.
This year’s professional storytellers are:
- Reverend Robert B. Jones, Sr., Detroit
- Jasmin Cardenas, Chicago
- Lawrence Howard, Portland Story Theater
- Kelly Hoffman, Portland
Other events during the festival include:
- Adult Story Slam and Student Story Slam competitions
- Older and Wiser Storytellers, who share their experiences of aging
- The Finale Showcase, featuring the winners of the Adult and Student Story Slams and the professional storytellers
All events are free. For more information about the festival, the full schedule, and event locations, visit the 2019 Art of the Story Festival page.