Happy sunflower oil painting by Liz Pike at the Art Farm at Shangri-La in Camas, Washington
Join artist Liz Pike from the Art Farm at Shangri-La in Camas, Washington, on Sunday, April 5, for a free Virtual Sip & Paint class. Create a beautiful oil painting of the happy sunflower shown above. Liz will stream the class live from the Art Farm at Shangri-La Facebook page from 2 until 4:30 p.m. Pacific time.
To participate, gather your favorite beverage and these supplies:
- One square canvas, either 10 inches by 10 inches, 12 inches by 12 inches, or whatever you can find
- A paintbrush set
- A pencil and palette knife
- A palette or a small thin piece of plywood that’s smooth on one side, cut to 12 inches by 10 inches
- Paper towels
- An easel—You can also make an easel from items in your home or garage.
- Small tubes of these oil paint colors: white, alizarin crimson, sap green, cadmium yellow pale hue, burnt umber, and burnt sienna
- A jar of petroleum jelly to clean your brushes when you are finished
- An apron