COVID-19 stopped the Oregon Country Fair from holding its 51st annual event outside Veneta this year, but now you can stream it for free from anywhere. The celebration starts today and runs through Sunday, July 12, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Pacific time.
There’s a lot to choose from:
- More than 100 performances on 13 stages throughout the weekend
- A Community Village on Saturday, with music videos, livestreamed performances, comedy, activist talks, and more
- The Hoarse Chorale stage, featuring performances livestreamed from different locations on the West Coast. All Hoarse Chorale performances will be broadcast on KOCF 92.7.
- The Artisan Marketplace. Regular fair attendees will recognize many of the artisans, who are back this year online. Rumor has it that some of them have created special items to commemorate “the Fair that Wasn’t There”. That’s definitely worth checking out!
You can explore the virtual fairgrounds two ways:
- A Walk around the Eight, a two-dimensional interactive version of the Peach Pit Map that leads you around the fairgrounds while you click links for artisan booths, stages, and other activities
- A semi-immersive three-dimensional environment, where you create an avatar and wander the fairgrounds matrix through your computer. You can even talk to friends and make new ones along the way after your set up your avatar.
Here are the links to participate in the fair:
- Get details about the online fair at oregoncountryfair.org/first-ever-virtual-oregon-country-fair.
- To stream the fair, go to vocf.oregoncountryfair.org and click on the activity you want to do.
- To stream the Hoarse Chorale performances, go to the KOCF 92.7 livestream. The livestream launches automatically.
- If you’re interested in donating to the fair (optional but greatly appreciated), go to oregoncountryfair.org and click on the Donate button in the upper right corner of the page.
Happy exploring and celebrating!