Featured image: The Road Runner catches a ride on a Christmas Ship during a parade on the Columbia River (photo by Cheryl Landes)
See the Christmas Ships in one of the few free indoor viewing locations along the Columbia River on Thursday, December 20. The festivities start at 6 p.m. at the Warehouse ’23 event space at Terminal 1, 100 Columbia Street in Vancouver, Washington. Enjoy free live music and refreshments while waiting for the Christmas Ships to arrive at approximately 7:30 to 8 p.m.
The evening’s activities include:
- Holiday classics by the Vancouver Community Concert Band
- Face painting, balloon creations, and temporary holiday tattoos
- Free children’s books from the Fort Vancouver Regional Library Foundation, NuStar Energy, Food Express, and Vanport Trucking
- Hot beverages and cookies
- Warehouse ’23 gourmet macaroni and cheese for purchase
- Cash bar for ages 21 and older
- Special illuminated LED holiday light performances
The Port of Vancouver’s waterfront project team will also share the latest work to redevelop the historic Terminal 1, including the preferred designs (in PDF) for the development and proposed public marketplace.
The Port of Vancouver has hosted these Christmas Ships viewing events since 2015, when the Red Lion at the Quay hotel and restaurant closed.
Parking is free.