Featured image: North Head Lighthouse at Cape Disappointment State Park on the Long Beach Peninsula near Ilwaco, Washington (photo by Cheryl Landes)
Washington State Parks has a new campsite reservation system that makes it easier to reserve from your computer, tablet, or phone. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to washington.goingtocamp.com. The reservation filters are at top of this landing page.
- Select the name of the state park.
- Choose the dates or number of days for your stay.
- Select the type of equipment you’re bring (tent, van or camper, or RV).
- Enter the number of people in your party.
- Search and book!
In addition to the mobile-friendly interface, these new features are available in the reservation system:
- If the campsite you selected is available for only part of your stay, you can reserve different campsites under the same reservation.
- When you check in, either show your reservation confirmation on your phone or tablet or drop off a printout of your confirmation letter at a self-pay station.
- Buy extra vehicle permits online to save time at check-in.
- Make reservations at state park-owned cabins, vacation homes, and marinas.