Enjoy a musical mix of big band, Latin jazz, jump blues, and smaller ensembles at the Middlesex Jazz Festival on Saturday, June 8. The festival starts at 1 p.m. at Concord Center, 58 Main Street in Concord, Massachusetts.
Here’s the schedule.
- 1 p.m.—Concord Middle School Jazz Ensemble
- 1:15 p.m.—John Piazza Jr. and the South Shore Jazz Collective
- 2:05 p.m.—Acton-Boxborough High School Jazz Ensemble
- 2:20 p.m.—Joe Magnarelli Trio with Akiko Tsuruga
- 3:10 p.m.—Doug Olsen’s Latin Bash!
- 4 p.m.—The Love Dogs
- 4:50 p.m.—Compaq Big Band with Guest Artist World-Renowned Jazz Trumpet Virtuoso Wayne Bergero
The rain date is Sunday, June 9. Get schedule updates at the festival’s Facebook page.
Admission is free. Parking is free in designated Town of Concord lots; look for the signs.
For more information about the festival and concert lineup, visit the Middlesex Jazz Festival’s website.
Concord is 20 miles northwest of Boston.
A scene from a previous Middlesex Jazz Festival at Concord Center (photo credit: Concord Recreation)