Fort Steilacoom Park comes alive with activities for the entire family on Saturday, July 13, at SummerFEST. Enjoy food from more than 30 vendors and live entertainment on two stages throughout the day.
A large gyro from Hummus Hummus, one of the food vendors at the 2019 Lakewood SummerFEST (photo by Cheryl Landes)
Other activities include a classic car show. LEGO contest, triathlon, extreme trampoline, bubble soccer, and a hot air balloon glow.
A beautifully restored car from a previous Classic Car Show at the Lakewood SummerFEST (photo credit: Lakewood SummerFEST)
Here’s the full schedule.
- 9 a.m.—SummerFEST Sprint Triathlon (awards presented at 10:45 a.m.)
- 11 a.m.—Opening SummerFEST ceremonies and free flow yoga in the park
- 11 a.m.–3 p.m.—Partners for Parks Classic Car Show (awards presented at 2:30 pm.)
- 11 a.m.–6 p.m.—Freestyle motocross aerial show
- 11 a.m.–7 p.m.—Kids Zone open (includes inflatables, climbing wall, pony rides, and bouncy houses), bubble soccer, and carnival games
- 11 a.m.–8:30 p.m.—Food trucks
- 11:10 a.m.—Extreme trampoline show
- Noon—One-mile fun run
- 1 p.m.—Free flow kids yoga in the park
- 1-3 p.m.—LEGO building contest (awards presented at 2:30 p.m.)
- 9-10 p.m.—Hot air balloon glow
- 9:30 p.m.—Movie at Night: The Greatest Showman
Extreme trampoline shows
11:10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
Entertainment on the Geico Main Stage
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.—313th Army Band
- 1-2:30 p.m.—Infinity Project (Journey tribute band)
- 3-4:30 p.m.—Washed in Black (Pearl Jam tribute band)
- 5-6:30 p.m.—Afrodisiascs (disco)
- 7-9 p.m.—Chapter 5 (rhythm and blues)
Entertainment on the Pavilion Stage
- 11 a.m.–6 p.m.—Lakewood Sister Cities International Festival (live entertainment from more than 14 countries)
- 6:30–7:30 p.m.—Eth-Noh-Tec (kinetic storytelling of Asian mythologies, folktales, and urban legends)
There’s also an art contest for the kids.
Fort Steilacoom Park is located at 8714 87th Avenue SW in Lakewood, Washington, 40 miles south of Seattle and 135 miles north of Portland.
Photo credit: Lakewood SummerFEST