Update, August 24, 2020: I received an email tonight from Ticket Tomato that Car Tunes PDX has been postponed until summer 2021. See my separate post for more details.
Car Tunes PDX combines a drive-in movie theater experience with an outdoor summer concert at the Portland International Raceway. Park your car on a grassy field, tune your radio to Car Tunes PDX’s frequency, relax, and enjoy the sounds from the featured band performing live on stage.
This concert series starts Friday, August 28, and ends on Saturday, September 12. Tickets range from $50 to $65 per car. Learn more about the featured bands and buy tickets at Ticket Tomato.
Here’s the lineup. There are two shows each night at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. The doors open an hour before each show.
- Friday, August 28—Ty Curtis (blues rock with a Southern flavor)
- Saturday, August 29—Sirens of Blues & Soul (blues and soul)
- Friday, September 4—Petty Fever (Tom Petty tribute band)
- Saturday, September 5—Steelhorse (Bon Jovi tribute band)
- Sunday, September 6—Grand Royale (Beastie Boys tribute band)
Shows have not been announced for the weekend of September 12. Check Ticket Tomato’s website for updates.
The Portland International Raceway is at 1940 North Victory Blvd. in Portland, Oregon.