Photos by Cheryl Landes
The Jurassic Empire Drive-Thru is coming to Central and Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho starting Thursday, September 9. The drive-through event features more than 60 life-size dinosaurs that move, walk, and breathe.
The locations and dates are:
- Yakima Valley SunDome at State Fair Park, 1301 South Fair Avenue in Yakima, WA, Thursday-Sunday, September 9-12. Hours are 4-8 p.m. Thursday-Friday and 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday-Sunday.
- Spokane Valley Mall, 14700 East Indiana Avenue in Spokane, WA, Friday-Sunday, September 10-12 and Thursday-Sunday, September 16-19. Hours are noon-8 p.m. Thursday-Friday and 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday-Sunday.
- Bonner County Fair & Rodeo, 4203 North Boyer Road in Sandpoint, ID, Friday-Sunday, September 17-19. Hours are 3-8 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday-Sunday.
This event is designed for kids, but anyone who’s interested in dinosaurs will enjoy the experience. Most of the dinosaurs are displayed on the passenger side of the route so that the kids can get a good look at all of the creatures. The exhibit includes adult dinosaurs and babies, such a T-Rex and triceratops hatching from their eggs, along with two Sabertooth tigers.
The drive-through ends with a three-member Dino Band playing Reggae music.
Tickets are timed in two-hour increments and sold online only. Arrive any time within the two-hour time slot you reserve to drive through the exhibit, which takes from 20 minutes to an hour depending on how long you spend at each location.
Tickets prices vary depending on the day and size of vehicle. Here’s the breakdown for all locations:
- Thursday and Friday, $59 per vehicle with up to seven passengers and $85 for vehicles with 8-14 passengers
- Saturday and Sunday, $69 per vehicle with up to seven passengers and $95 for vehicles with 8-14 passengers
COVID safety measures are in place during this event.
Get more information, buy tickets, and watch for new locations at jurassicempire.com.